Architect - Intern
Posted Tuesday, April 12, 2022
- MCS Architects, LLC
- Company Office Address
- 3221 West Alabama Street, Houston, TX 77098
- Work Location
We are seeking a professional project architect with 5+ years work experience, related to hospitality and multi-family residential projects, to participate in preliminary design and development of multiple projects. This is an excellent opportunity for professional growth and career advancement at a well-established architectural firm with 50 years of history in Hospitality design and over 20 years in multifamily design.
The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring the status and quality of project deliverables and developing project documents at all stages of design and may be asked to engage in construction administration activities.
- Oversee multiple projects from Concept design, Schematic design and thru Design development phases.
- Work directly with the firm’s leadership and clients during the design phase
- Prepare and create drawings that adhere to established office standards
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with management, clients, consultants and contractors and team members
- Ability to prioritize tasks with varying deadlines
- A minimum of 5+ years professional experience in hospitality and/or multifamily architecture
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Architecture degree
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2016 or higher
- Proficiency in Sketch-Up or other 3D rendering software a plus
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Positive attitude and self-motivated
- Job Type