Posted Tuesday, April 12, 2022
- MCS Architects, LLC
- Company Office Address
- 3221 West Alabama Street, Houston, TX 77098
- Work Location
We are seeking a professional intern interior designer with 0+ years’ work experience, to participate in working drawing production within a team. This is an excellent opportunity for professional growth and career advancement at a well-established architectural firm with 50 years of history in Hospitality design and over 20 years in multifamily design. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring the status and quality of project deliverables and developing project documents at all stages of design and may be asked to engage in construction administration activities.
~ Work well with the firm’s leadership
- Perform Interior Design assignments that include programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documentations, and construction administration.
- Participate in the selections and presentations of color palettes, contractor finishes, furniture, fabrics, and equipment (FF&E).
- Generate Demolition Plans, Construction Plans, Power & Communication Plans, Reflected Ceiling Plans, Finish Plans, Furniture Plans and Elevations.
- Generate complete construction documents, from elevation of details, written specifications, and material selections as needed for construction.
- Provide design support and documentation during completion (shop drawings) and execution of design intents.
~ Work with external consultants, product representatives (FF&E and Contractor Finishes), purchasing agents, etc.
~ Ability to prioritize tasks with varying deadlines
- Bachelor of Interior Design or Bachelor of Interior Architecture degree or related field from an accredited school
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suites, Outlook
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2016 or higher
- Proficiency in Sketch-Up or other 3D rendering software a plus
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Positive attitude and self-motivated
- Job Type