Posted Wednesday, December 22, 2021
- GL Seaman & Company
- Company Office Address
- 4201 International Pkwy Carrollton, Texas 75007
- Work Location
A Project Designer has the opportunity to engage internally with salespeople & project managers as well as externally with design firms & customers to create solutions for contract furniture. Interfacing with the sales team, the designer evaluates and builds requirements to suit customer needs and then specifies the component parts within the defined space using graphical design tools and software to deliver finished floorplans and product inventories. Designers accommodate subsequent changes aligning customer preference, budget and design aesthetics.
This job requires a strong knowledge of Knoll and/or other manufacturer product lines, plus a requirement to gain additional expertise of designer software (CAD & CET). The designer will create solutions for both furniture systems (workstations, private offices) as well as ancillary (conference rooms, seating, common areas). Building on-going product knowledge and continuing education in software and skills is a core competency.
This job requires exceptional attention to detail and dedication to accuracy. It requires the discipline of working at a computer for extended periods of time. The role requires strong ability to work individually, yet also as part of a team, including: sales associates, clients, sales coordinators and project managers. The designer must successfully prioritize multiple projects with pressing deadlines.
• Bachelor’s degree in interior design or associated fields
• Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
• Configura Extension Technology (CET) – preferred or willing to be trained on job
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
ORGANIZATIONAL & RELATIONAL
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong collaboration internally and with clients
• Ability to handle multiple responsibilities smoothly
• Professional appearance
- Job Type