Design Team Member
Posted Wednesday, August 11, 2021
- Kelle Contine Interior Design
- Company Office Address
- 1001 S Capital of Texas Hwy Building L Suite 200, Austin, TX 78746
- Work Location
KCID, LLC is a boutique full-service interior design firm in Austin, TX that specializes in high-end residential, multi-family/student housing, and commercial projects ranging from hospitality to private healthcare offices. We are currently looking for a new Design Team Member with at least 3-5 years of experience in the industry. Exact position, title, and salary range will be based upon Candidate’s experience and skill level. This position offers an incredible opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated, highly organized, detailed, and dedicated individual looking to be a part of a friendly and well-respected design team while working in a fast paced, creative environment.
Expenses associated with the interview process and/or moving and relocation expenses will be the applicant's responsibility.
The new Design Team Member will work as an integral part of a set Project Design Team performing the following duties:
- Support the goals and objectives established by our Clients and the design team, as well as KCID at large. Projects are typically lead by the Senior Designer, with the opportunity for the new Design Team Member to internally manage key projects following full training and KCID understanding of ability and client-relations.
- Research and selection of finish materials, fixtures, furnishings, and accessories.
- Involvement in and responsible for all aspects of specifically assigned design projects, inclusive of internal and external project deadlines, schedule development, budget review and balancing, scheme research and presentation, documentation, construction administration, and installation.
- Development and management of project budgets and creation of layout and finish schemes to match approved budget range with lead supervision.
- Participate and present progress work within team in-house design reviews; must be able to receive constructive feedback in a positive manner.
- Provide production support and/or full documentation for execution of design concepts including but not limited to: full CAD construction/finish documentation, as-built CAD drawings, CAD drawing redlines, finish specifications/spec package development, 3D modeling and rendering, etc.
- Flexibility to work with all Design Team members in different collaborative environments and in varied project progress points to achieve overall team/project goals.
- Assist with creation, review, and presentation of client deliverables, both digital files and physical finish/fixture/furniture sampling.
- Participate in and possibly lead client meetings including setup prior to/break down after client meetings at office, client presentation during meetings, finish boards/digital presentations, site visits/as-built measurements, etc.
- Assist in the construction administration process of projects including review of finish submittals and samples, as well as filing and organizing pertinent construction administration communications and key documents.
- Collaborate with the Procurement Team on providing selected FFE specifications for order, budget/timeline confirmations, review of purchase orders, and ongoing timeline check ins to ensure no delays or re-selections needed prior to a scheduled installation.
- Help to coordinate project furniture installations, along with the Procurement Team, and participate in full furniture, art and accessory installs, both locally and nationally when needed.
- Potential attendance at and help with staging for KCID project photoshoots on site or other marketing efforts in conjunction with Marketing Team.
- Maintaining daily timesheet entries are required. Understanding of project proposals, service budgets and time management will be required. Intermittent review of project invoicing and input on delegation to maintain contract budgets may be included.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working on interior design projects in a collaborative Design Firm environment (both residential and commercial experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field from a CIDA (Council for Interior Design Accreditation) accredited college or university
- In depth knowledge of FF&E, color and material is required; Familiarity with the typical Procurement process appreciated.
- Experience in all phases of an interior design project, from initial programming and client relations through schematic design/design development, construction documentations and administration and final punch list creation/review.
- Experience in development of Construction Documents and standard industry procedures related to such
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Google Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suites (Adobe PDF, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign most notably), Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint). Familiarity with QuickBooks for time input preferred.
- The ability and willingness to travel intermittently for out-of-town projects and/or trade shows. Typically, travel can run anywhere from 2-5 days and is planned a least 1-2 weeks ahead of time, if not months.
- Familiarity with Mac equipment – KCID is a Mac based firm.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Flexible and willing to focus on multiple projects in various stages of development at one time.
- Passionate about all markets of design and excited to explore new types, sizes and scopes of projects.
- A planner who can complete tasks on schedule, including strong self-prioritizing and time-management skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized; offers excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment or with a direct supervisor – KCID is a highly collaborative firm.
- Honest and trustworthy, with a positive attitude and friendly demeanor.
- Open to working in a hybrid remote/in-office situation. KCID is currently transitioning back to an in-office work schedule following the COVID-19 Pandemic and will require daily office attendance from all team members.
- Job Type