Interior Designer III
Posted Friday, June 10, 2022
- RVK Architecture
- Company Office Address
- 2002 North Saint Mary's St
- Work Location
We are currently seeking a Sr Interior Designer to join our San Antonio team. As a Sr Interior Designer you are responsible for interpreting, organizing and executing the conceptual design of a project utilizing creativity, foresight and judgment to meet project requirements and objectives to carry out design. Individuals in this position will work on multiple projects simultaneously, so the ability to handle pressure, stay organized, and multi-task is important. You have a strong sense of self-accountability, high attention to detail, sound judgment and the ability to think three dimensionally. You have significant demonstrated experience in developing and managing people and projects.
• Possess creative talent in conceptual design
• Experience as an “agent for change” identifying opportunities for new processes, workflows or business solutions.
• Demonstrates ability to utilize a proactive, innovative and consultative approach in interaction with all Clients, Architects and Developers.
• History of building and maintaining strong Client relationships.
• Demonstrates ability for strong attention to both strategy and detail.
• Past experience in handling multiple clients with varying project timelines.
• Knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
• Advanced knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, signage, art, and color schemes to carryout design intent.
• Advanced knowledge of building regulations and safety codes.
• Advanced knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, drawings, and models.
• Proven ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients.
• Proficiency in the basic technical skills of interior design including the following computer skills:
• Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
• Proficiency in Revit Knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM)
• Proficiency in of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software.
• Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
• Pro-active planner and forward thinker.
• Ability to use time management skills to achieve goals while working under tight deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing: articulate, engaging and motivating
• Inspire quality throughout the entire project process
• Ability to work in team environment.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in architecture, interior design or foreign equivalent
• 10+ plus years’ experience in interiors projects required.
• Must be a professional Interior Designer and have passed the NCIDQ exam or be a registered Architect with current license required.
• If registered architect, NCARB registration preferred.
- Job Type