Interior Designer - Mid Level (FF&E)
Posted Monday, February 14, 2022
- Company Office Address
- 3737 Buffalo Speedway #1200
- Work Location
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will participate in the development of interior design solutions in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team through all project phases; programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Participate and provide guidance in the planning effort to assure furniture layout is appropriate to the room proportions and functional assumptions
• Complete the specifications for all sections related to furniture, and update budgets as required
• Create furniture plans for assigned Project areas in a format compatible with the design team's documents. Furniture symbols used shall approximate the size of proposed items to be used in the Project.
• Proactively respond to construction related questions pertaining to furniture coordination.
• Responsible for training the planning coordinator and staff on the use of furniture.
• Research and make recommendations regarding use of furniture products, materials, and systems
• Assist with the documentation of a preliminary project budget and the budget assumptions related to furniture.
• Ability to lead and communicate with internal project team members as well as Owner team members.
• Assist with the generation of a furniture project timeline and how that timeline meshes with the interior design timeline; update as required.
• Ability to create presentations for User Groups and Owners.
• Be available to travel for projects up to 50% of the work week if required.
• Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Interior Design, Architecture or Interior Architecture. Masters degree is preferred.
• Minimum of 7 years of related experience working on corporate/commercial interiors projects required.
• Previous experience with healthcare and/or higher education projects is preferred.
• NCIDQ certification or licensed architect candidates are preferred.
• In addition to strong design skills, strong technical skills and knowledge of ADA, building and life safety codes is required.
• Excellent communication skills are essential as well as proven exceptional graphic and compositional skills.
• Proficiency in Revit, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign) are required while capabilities of modeling/rendering (3D Vis, Vray, etc.) are encouraged.
- Job Type