IIDA SHIFT21 - A Virtual Experience
As you may have guessed, IIDA SHIFT looked a little different in 2021.
But as designers and creative thinkers, we used our creativity to pivot early in the pandemic to transform this conference into a completely virtual experience. What a success it was!
The 21st annual SHIFT conference was held on January 27-29, 2021 through a virtual conference platform. Our amazing committee of 21 volunteers helped rethink what these events needed to be like in a virtual format and executed their tasks flawlessly. With the help of many hands, our Chapter was able to pull off another great SHIFT conference despite facing many new and uncertain challenges.
Here are the stats:
- More than 100 credentialed industry professionals from the top architecture and design firms and companies volunteering their time to mentor, coach, and create the successful designers of tomorrow
- We had 45 Expo Exhibitors
- 18 amazing tour presentations, including inspirational projects, beautiful showrooms, and prestigious design firms
- 6 informative 101 Topics
- 59 portfolio reviewers and mock interviewers combined
- 12 CEUs offered with 74 attendees
- 180 students registered for the conference from 20 states across the U.S.
Cheryl Durst, FIIDA, LEED AP, Executive Vice President and CEO, and our Keynote Speaker, Angie Lee, Partner and Design Director of Interiors at FXCollaborative and President-Elect for the IIDA International Board of Directors, closed out this year's conference with inspiring messages for attendees.
Next year, we hope to see students' and colleagues' faces in-person to celebrate interior design and learn together at the Statler Hotel in Downtown Dallas for SHIFT22.